The vision of MPSS is to challenge its students to learn a high school diploma that prepares them for college or professional career, to become globally competitive, technologically literate citizens and to be committed to infinity learnings (Social/cultural norms/values/attitudes/behaviors).
The mission of MPSS is to provide a secure and nurturing environment that fosters students’ success to develop inter personal skills through real world experiences to promote the exchange of ideas through multiple mediums and to engage communities near and far.
- Students learning is a lifelong process and the chief priority of the school.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- A safe, comfortable and nurturing environment promotes students learning.
- Clearly defined expectations coupled with a challenging curriculum, which is set at a high but achievable, level fosters student success.
- Having sufficient time to learn and appropriate support are critical enablers.
- The quality of education depends upon the quality of the teachers in the classroom.
- The appropriate utilization of technology optimizes student achievement.
- Desired student outcomes can best be achieved through supportive interaction between school, home and community.
- Faculty must be exposed to ongoing professional development.
- Relationships of mutual respect enhance teaching and learning.
- Adequate staff must be provide in order to maximize individual student achievement.
- Recruit and retain a diverse faculty, academic and classified staff and student population.
- Increase standards and research productivity and their impact.
- Develop infrastructure and support including innovative technology for research teaching service and partnerships.
- Develop and maintain model collaborative ventures and partnerships.
- Maintain and continue to improve a climate of respect and human dignity.
- Model quality instruction and monitoring for different level students.